- About.com: Providence
- Almost everything you need to know here, very handy!
- Oso.com (Ocean State Online)
- I don't like this one as much, but it does have some good stuff.
- Official Providence Website
- Hello from Buddy.
Specific handy info
- Providence Weather, via Yahoo
- Providence Public Library
- If you get a library card, you can access several good databases online.
- CLAN--State library info and catalog
- Search the catalogs of all the public libraries in the state here
- Yahoo Maps
- Need a map or directions to a specific address? Check this out.
- Providence Place Mall
- Everything you need to know about it.
- Movie listings by theater
- Courtesy of the Providence Journal. Updated weekly.
- Movie listings by movie name
- Also from the ProJo, updated weekly
- Tina's Nightly Surf
- Links to various local news sources all right together (with other stuff)
- Providence Phoenix
- RI's weekly alternative newspaper. Good entertainment listings and other interesting stuff.
- Providence Journal
- The local daily newspaper.
- RIPTA: RI Public Transit Authority
- Bus information here, including route maps and helpful stuff.
- Bonanza Bus
- Need to go to Boston or New York? This may be your best option.
- MBTA Commuter Rail
- You can also take a commuter train to Boston (sometimes!)
- TF Green Airport
- Check the status of arrivals and departures at RI's airport
- Southwest Airlines
- The best fares and the most flexibility. Sign up for their email specials, too!
See the Local Sights Online
- Rhodetrip: Live Matunuck Beach webcam!
- Be sure to check out The Big Picture too. Breathtaking at times.
- Autumn '99 Foliage Pictures
- Taken by yours truly with the digital camera, mostly at lovely Lincoln Woods.
- Big Blue Bug Webcam!
- Has some links to other local webcams too.
Just for Fun
- Need a smile?
- This site is almost always good for a smile.